- Interior wood or steel partition wall
- Interior wood frame floor
- Interior wood frame ceiling
- I-joist interior partition
- Party wall
Fire & Soundproof Insulation
ROCKWOOL Safe'n'Sound® is a stone wool batt insulation designed for interior wall partitions, floors, and ceilings for wood and steel frame construction where superior fire resistance and acoustical performance is required.
Safe’n’Sound® is designed specifically for sound dampening to help prevent noise travelling from one floor to the next providing the peace & quiet you desire.
ROCKWOOL Safe'n'Sound® is a stone wool insulation for use in interior partitions of residential wood and steel stud construction where superior fire resistance and acoustical performance are required.
Withstanding temperatures up to 2150°F (1177°C), Safe'n'Sound® is non-combustible and will not produce toxic smoke or promote flame spreading, even when directly exposed to fire. This adds valuable extra time for people to reach safety and for fire services personnel to arrive.
Safe'n'Sound® has excellent acoustical dampening properties and provides an easy friction fit into walls, ceiling and floor applications. It is GREENGUARD Gold Certified and contributes to a healthier indoor environment.
- Easily cut
- Non-combustible with a melting point of approximately 1177°C (2150°F)
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Fire-resistant due to its high melting temperature
- Does not rot or promote the growth of fungi or mildew
- Low moisture sorption
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value